1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
2. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. All descriptions are in accordance with our manufacturers’ specifications and care has been taken to ensure information is correct. However we cannot guarantee that details are identical with goods owing to market changes.
4. This website and its content is the copyright of Barnet Doors This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. All rights reserved.
5. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Barnet Doors takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
6. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to UK laws.
1. By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product from us, which we will accept to sell you on the following conditions.
2. Barnet Doors is absolutely entitled to refuse any order made by you. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are the authorized user of the credit or debit card used to make your request and there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods.
3. If we decline to supply goods ordered and payment has been debited from your credit or debit card, we shall credit your credit or debit card with the price of the goods within 30 days of declining your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation or compensation for disappointment suffered.
4. If for any reason we are unable to supply a particular item, we will contact you by e-mail or telephone as soon as possible. You will be advised when goods will become available or you will have the choice of ordering replacement goods and be advised of the cost, or be offered a full refund.
5. We must receive payment of the agreed deposit amount before your order can be accepted. We will confirm acceptance of your order by sending an e-mail to you. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. We will contact you if we are unable to accept your order for any reason.
Timber is a natural material, which is subject to changes in temperature and humidity. We cannot accept liability for natural movement or distortion, warping, swelling or splitting which is caused by exposure to extremes of temperature or humidity, or if the product has not been correctly stored, treated or installed. A warp or distortion of 6mm from the opposite outer edges of a door in either direction shall be deemed to be within the manufacturing tolerances. Timber is a natural product and as such is subject to varying colours and grain patterns. This is beyond our control and while our manufacturers and suppliers do endeavor to colour match each component within each door no guarantee what-so-ever is given that one door will be a colour match to another door. Natural timber while renowned for its decorative grain is prone to small ‘shakes’ or splits appearing, this is an unavoidable ‘feature of real timber’ which is not considered a defect and such ‘shakes’ should be filled with a suitable woodfiller.
We will deliver the goods ordered only to the card holders address at the time the order was placed. No goods will be released without a signature from the card holder on delivery. When signing for receipt of your order, “unchecked” will not be accepted and we will accept no liability for any shortage or damage subsequently discovered. Visible damage must be detailed and noted clearly by you at the time of receipt on the Delivery/Receipt Note for any claim to be entertained. Barnet Doors must be notified immediately by e-mail with appropriate photographic evidence of the damage. The Company accepts no liability if costs are incurred by booking a tradesperson before having received and checked all goods. If a tradesperson has been contracted by you to install the goods then they are responsible for checking the goods on your behalf and it is your responsibility to make them aware of this in advance. Please remember that, by fitting or finishing your door or making alterations in any way, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods as supplied. Unfortunately, we cannot replace a faulty or incorrectly supplied door if ANY alterations have been carried out Barnet Doors will not be liable for any claims arising due to delay as a result of strikes, materials, shortages, shipping or any circumstances beyond our control. You may be required to pay extra at our discretion for delivery to remote areas, and it may not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. Where our courier is unable to complete a delivery due to the customer being unavailable or refusing to accept an agreed delivery, the delivery cost will be charged in full and each further attempted delivery will be charged at a minimum of £50. Deliveries outside our catchment area will be made by one of our appointed couriers. Drivers of our appointed couriers are obliged only to deliver the goods as near to the front of your property as possible. It is therefore necessary that you have the appropriate able bodied persons available to lift the goods into your premises. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been paid for and delivered to you. Once you have accepted the goods they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction. If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us by e-mail of the problem within 35 days of the date on which you placed your order. If you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be, either: To make good any shortage or non-delivery; To refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose. If it is a special order item it will not be subject to a refund and must remain paid for in full. We only supply goods to the UK. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
In the event that your goods are faulty, you must contact us by e-mail within three working days of receipt of the goods and provide appropriate photographic evidence of the fault. While every effort is made to supply you with the correct product in perfect condition, on occasion errors are made or a door is not up to standard. It is imperative that you check your doors for any of the following potential faults prior to commencing any alterations: visible damage i.e. scratches, dents or chips, warping or bowing beyond the 6mm tolerance, imperfections on glass (within an acceptable tolerance: see below). Please remember that, by fitting or finishing your door or making alterations in any way, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods as supplied. In the event that goods have a manufacturing defect requiring replacement or refund our liability will only extend to the replacement value of the faulty goods and we will not be held responsible for any additional costs incurred i.e. fitting, finishing etc. We are not responsible for payment of consequential losses arising from a product failure. The goods must be returned in their original condition and upon receipt and inspection any residual refund owing to you will be made within 30 days. Glass Faults; Any fault within a glass pane or glazed unit which is not visible in normal transmission, in other words without having to look at the glass from unusual angles or which only show up in sunlight are deemed to be acceptable when viewed from a distance of a minimum 3 meters, this conforms to British Standards. Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for an indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
You may decide to return your order to us within 7 days of having received it stating the reason for your decision by e-mail before organizing uplift of the goods. It is your responsibility to arrange and pay for the return and the appropriate insurance of the goods, we will apply a 25% handling and re-stocking charge. The goods must be returned in their original condition and upon receipt and inspection any residual refund owing to you will be made within 30 days by the same payment method you used for the initial purchase. We reserve the right to refuse returns for refunds or replacements if the goods are not returned to us in a saleable condition unaltered or removed from the original packaging. Any goods returned must be in a condition suitable for re-sale. Special order items and non-stock items, products which have been custom-made, modified or are bespoke to your requirements cannot be changed or refunded once we have confirmed the order to you.
Goods supplied by Barnet Doors are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for twelve months from the date of receipt as long as the conditions of sale have been adhered to. (Please refer to installation, finishing and maintenance). Barnet Doors shall not be responsible for any incidental work or expenses arising out of or because of any defect in our product. If a product develops a fault within twelve months of purchase it will be replaced/repaired free of charge after proof of purchase has been established. No responsibility however can be accepted if wrongful or incomplete installation was carried out by the customer or their representative.
- Name and address including postcode.
- Contact information including email address
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website